YP of GC was started as a collaborative effort with the UW-Extension office, Blackhawk Technical College, and the Green County Leaders Program in the spring of 2007. "Green County Young Professional of Year Award Night" was the premiere event for YP of GC. The event was held at Blackhawk Technical College and was attended by over 50 people. Charlie Bauman was awarded the first "YP of the Year" award out of 11 nominees. A discussion was also held during this event to ask the attendees what they liked about Green County and what YP of GC could do to fill any current needs for YPs in Green County. As a result of this discussion, YP of GC has been holding monthly events ever since that cover the learning, networking, and social needs of YPs.
- President: Ryan Ziltner (Hedeman Real Estate)
- Vice President: Tory Tullis (Colony Brands, Inc. )
- Secretary: Katie Studer (Colony Brands, Inc. )
- Treasurer : Keith McCormick (First National Bank and Trust)
- Jennifer Buholzer (Fehr-Graham)
- Matt DeMay (Precision Drive and Control, Inc)
- Sarah Brinkmeier (Columbia College--Freeport Campus)
- Craig Hoesly (Monroe Clinic)
- Katie Huber (Monroe Clinic)
Our mission lies within our motto of "Connecting, Celebrating, and Developing Green County's Young Professionals. Our purpose is to provide existing and future YPs who live or work in Green County with a means to network while having fun. We also provide learning experiences for YPs in career, health, and life issues. We work hard to promote Green County as a place that fosters the environment that today's YPs want.
Find out more:
Join our listserv by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and put in the message title "Add me to YP of GC!"